Thursday, September 27, 2012

Flying to UK

Hello peeps, this is me writing from the UK.

Yep I'm starting from when I was in Malaysia :)
Of course I was in the airport checking my luggage in. I used Qatar Airways, which wasn't very generous to limit my luggage to only 23kg. I know right? like wtf? Emirates has their limit on 40kg. Y SO BIG DIFFERENCE? ahah. Well as usual I exceeded my limit- I was supposed to have 1 checked in cargo with 23 kgs, and 1 hand carry with 7kgs.
I HAD 1 CHECKED IN CARGO WITH 28 KGS, 2 HAND CARRY BAGS EACH 10 & 9 KGS.
Which was actually impossible to get through because I'll be overweighing about 20 kgs.
But fortunately , the Abang at the counter was cool and steady, and sooo nice to me . He let all of my luggages in without wanting me to remove anything !

Now thats a good way to start a journey, eh? 
I'm happy that my friends came to send me at the airport! Not all of my friends made it, but the ones who made it really made me tear! like literally because I was crying like shit in the airport before going in. :')
I was suddenly alone, after going in international departure, going through customs, and boarding on the airplane.
I searched my way through the seats and found mine, sitting a one way flight to a country I was never exposed to, sitting on a flight that has never occurred to me will be so frightening.
When I got on my seat, i was tearing. The air stewardess saw me and asked me am I ok ?
I nodded, but inside my heart I was screaming NOOOOOOO I WANT TO GO HOME!
But it was a journey that I couldn't turn back to.
It was a 6+ hours flight to Doha, 6+ hours in transit, and another 6+ hours to Manchester.

Seriously the flight was shit. SHIT
The first flight to Doha was still fine. I sat beside a quite nice arabian guy I think ?
He was really nice, I felt comfortable sitting beside him without any stress of him being a grumpy old man.
The flight was rather awesome I can say, despite the uncomfortable chair that limits my movements and the ear-blocked feeling the whole 6+ hours.
Someone had a medical condition, she was fine until she started crying and yelled for mama.
All the air steward & stewardess came to attend her( she was sitting not far from me, so I get to see a lil of what was happening)
One of them even said: We have a doctor on board.
I thought in my mind: THIS IS AWESOME! ITS JUST LIKE IN THE MOVIES!!!!!
Alright its not awesome to have someone ill, but THIS IS JUST SO COOL
They even announce it through the phone asking for people with medical profession to report to the stewards  and assist.
SO COOL! GUESS WHAT!! SOMEONE ACTUALLY STOOD UP AND WENT!!!!!
MAJOR COOLNESS!!!!!!
Then he went and just massaged her legs and don't know telling them about what la. But its not a good thing that its happening so I just turned to my movie that I was watching .

THe hours in transit was freaking shit. I went into the toilet. EVERYONE WAS BRUSHING THEIR TEETH.
I got shocked. and their toilet stinks. I did not have any currency of Doha, I was afraid to even buy mineral water.
But my mum told me my  credit card could be used worldwide so I decided to give it a try . I was so afraid holding a bottle of water and my card, thinking what if they don't accept card? I won't have any water to drink for the next 6 hours and i'll die.
But they do accept card so. haha I didn't die!

The next flight to manchester was suffering.
Babies around me were crying like hell.
The blonde behind was kicking my chair the whole flight.
The Arabian guy in front of me was lowering down his chair up till my face most of the time.
The chinese guy next to me was a grumpy old man with breath that smells like acid.
I was suffering in there can't wait to just die.
i passed my 6+ hours of miserable life.

I got in manchester, 2 friends came to pick me up. I was really lucky to have friends to pick me up if not I'll just cry there. XD
THey helped me to my room, brought me town and bought important household stuffs like pillows and blanket, gave me a few clues of how to go here and there, but unfortunately they had to leave to their meeting. Of course I couldn't bother their time doing their routine, so I had to walk my self out to search for a sim card.
MAJOR SADNESS.
I forgot the way, I was lost.
I was crying on the street, didn't dare to ask anyone as they all seemed so busy.
The sky was rather dark, and there are lesser people on the street.
Finally I asked a guy to show me, he was really nice, trying to lead me the way but didn't really know how cuz I didn't know shit about this place.
But I followed his directions and got to the convenient store! the arab guy selling it wasn't of any help la.
no clue about anything, don't know how he sells things de lo .

But anyway I got my sim card and I managed to contact my parents! Ok la actually I can reach them through the Internet lo. But getting a sim card means I can get a hold of them even when I'm outside without the internet mah .

THats my first day! The second day I had to wake up early and walk to school because I need to register myself as a student in order to go to class! So I was walking for 10 minutes? and I lost my way again. It didn't look the same as it was on the google map loh.
I called my friends and she told me what road to look for. at last i asked a pedestrian and i found my way!
But another thing occurred to me. I need to walk like 30 minutes to school!!!??
I don't wanna go to school anymore T.T
I went back home at around 10+ cuz I only had an appointment at 2.50 pm
I was telling my mum how i didn't wanna go to school anymore and wanted a bicycle and stuffs.
THen I looked at the map again.
MAJOR MADNESS.
I went the wrong way.
I did such a big round to get to my school!! Stupidity level over 9000.
Then when I walked to school the 2nd time, it was actually so much faster than the first time lo... alright I may consider going to school again.
haha. I got my pre-enrolment done. and could collect my student id the next day!
A friend of mine from TARC Msia contacted me through fb. He surprisingly found out I was in manchester too because obviously he's in manchester!
He asked me out and showed me around manchester which was really nice, he helped me take things that i bought for my house.
He even helped me to bring back stuffs to my house!
my housemates saw him and I think now they think I'm a slut bringing boys back on the 2nd day I arrive.

 On the third day! Of course I got my student ID done! 
Here's how it looks like. stupid right? haha a
Now look at my name. WaDAFAK.
Kai Chung. Hello people My name is Kai CHung and I'm here to tell you a story.
Freaking hilarious and stupid la...
But thats how it goes here :(
I was walking so much on the second day my legs hurt and on the third day its still hurting :( how...
oh and I'm coughing like hell. ok la. not hell a lil above hell. XD
I went to a visit to the Museum of Science and Industry and met a few wonderful people!
Alright they're Malaysians. But freaking wonderful! They all live in the same apartment, which is something that I envy so muchhh!!! They have an in-house chef okay!!!! So freaking cool.
Fine dining everyday!!!!
They invited me over for dinner:D SHO HAPIE
You see or not how great he is!!!! HE only decorated 2 plates for picture purposes la. Others just eat uglily but!! very nice !!!!!!
The chef was so nice to give me the decorated plate! They say I'm the guest, they are really nice!!!!! 
I'll post up their pictures later when I get to take pictures with them! :D 

CAN YOU SEE HOW PROFESSIONAL HE IS DECORATING THE FOOD.
He's so cool lo. XD haha . 
They are really nice to ask me to go over all the time! the thing is, its quite far la.. I have to walk 20 minutes home leh after dinner. which is quite dangerous. haihz... But I would love to go over!!!

See! they have Bacon chips ok!!! So cool!!! :D
Till then, Ciaoz!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment