Friday, September 7, 2012

Facebook

Almost everyone has a Facebook account, and Facebook is used to share out a lot of stuffs - pictures, videos, statuses, and now even sharing about politics, religions, unreliable news and also online businesses.
But the thing about Facebook is that , it is a cyber identity for people, so people tend to show different sides of them than their real person. And people tend to do a lot of beyond measure things.

The first and most basic, is that they have pictures that really differentiate from their real face.

Okay, its fine to edit it a bit, maybe you would want a slimmer body and face for your cyber world, and to attract people. BUT YOU DON'T COMPLETELY CHANGE TO ANOTHER PERSON. A lot of people have so different looks from their picture and real person, that I can't even recognize them in real life. Won't it be weird? Or you don't plan to let anyone recognize you ? 
I feel that sometimes people are just to into the cyber world, where they don't really care about the real world anymore. They just do their best to 'decorate' themselves in cyber world, but they don't give a shit about their appearance or personality in real life. So most of them just end up to bloom in the cyber world and rot in the real world. And here's an example of that.



The next issue is, a main issue of Facebook.

People tend to criticize as if it is a trend to do so.

I mean like, wtf?
I've seen this happened like Literally. They criticize everything they lay their eyes on. EVERYTHING.
There was one my bf posted a video of me and my friends dancing in a dancing party. The dance was choreographed by my dancing instructor, and it was for private purpose. My bf just uploaded it, and simply named it - Sexy Dance, because he don't know what to name it. So once he uploaded that, a random girl in his friends list, just shared our video with a really offensive caption(to us) saying - this called sexy dance?
My bf saw this and came to tell me, I was really angry and told my bf to confront her, to tell her this is just a video of friends and it is for private purpose, not trying to show off or whatever. She then apologized and took the post down.

Its like they just criticize to fit in! If you don't criticize, you're not in the gang! They really need to get a life and stop criticizing people!


But seriously? Everything you see, you just share and criticize? Facebook is no longer a space for us to communicate and share with friends. It has become a very commercialized space. Every word we speak, every post we share, we have to be super duper careful. You won't wanna have people criticizing you all they way.

And sometimes people just criticize too much on things that are none of their concerns. And they don't know when to stop. Which I think is stupid. What has this got to do with you ? Go mind your own business and clean your toilet! 


 And nowadays, your statuses means a lot to these people. Even some of them are my friends, but I really disapprove of their actions. I think that they're too much, but I don't choose to argue with them on Facebook, which I know its clearly none of my business! I can just shake my head and feel that they are quite stupid to argue shits on Facebook.

I saw this post of a friend of mine, talking about people's believe and thinks its stupid because it pollutes the earth. And then this opposition of her idea came and they started arguing. Both won't back out. So this friend of mine had a supporter, which made them a 'so-called' winner. But the opposition obviously admit lost with sarcasm, so everyone knows he just thinks she's stupid.
To be frank, I really think its stupid. At one point I really wanted to join the opposition, saying whats this got to do with you ? Alright it pollutes the earth so ? You want people to stop believing to please you ? The tradition has been brought down generations to generations. And People need something to hold on and to believe, you're a free thinker, fine. But mind your own business la! I'M A FREE THINKER ALSO. But you don't see me posting about people's religion? Because we are suppose to respect other people, and not expect people to please us and keep saying they're idiots doing idiotic stuff. Hey, people are thinking the same way about you. Just that they don't post it up in public.
Alright then she posts a picture on instagram with caption still talking about her 'idiot'. So she said she's not bothering him and he should mind his own business. BUT HEY, REMEMBER? YOU POSTED IN ON FACEBOOK SAYING PEOPLE WERE IDIOTS DOING IDIOT STUFF? PUBLICLY? So you don't expect people to see and comment about what you post? Write it in your diary then!

I'm not saying that I can't take any criticism, but look who started criticizing first?
See? people will just take down your criticism or scolding , and just criticize you based on what you criticized. Everyone is just the same , criticizing, but I just prefer to not do it that often.


One more popular thing to do is, Create a Page and Daringly criticize with people supporting you.
As friends of mine, we all know there's this new entertaining page called the 只有Tarcian懂.
This page have simultaneously entertained and offended quite a number of people.
So a lot of people are supporting, and also at the same time a lot of people are hating this page.
So when haters try to stop this page from going on, the page admin announces people's name that annoys him. Well if you look at it from this side, you'll think that its really unfair to the person without support right? But think again, who started the fight?
Haters think the page admin only wants to get fame from the public, posting all sorts of pictures, even giving out titles like discovered pretty girls in the college . and boys too la
And I think people also started to hate the page admin because the page admin ignored them? or refused to post the haters' pictures. haha.
Alright! I shouldn't be laughing at them.
And at first haters were wondering who the hell is that page admin that can be so stuck up, until now he reveals himself. Alright I'm not revealing him here, he did nothing to me.
But he himself told people that he is from my course, and he also revealed himself so its actually not a big secret anymore.
If you would like to know, search that page in Facebook. ok why am I advertising for him.

This is it! for now. at least.
I just think people are sometimes too depending on Facebook or other social medias.
Ya, and one more thing. People, please do not trust the Facebook news alright! This is so manipulative!
I'm studying PR and I already think the newspaper and news on TV are already so not trust-able.
So please do not trust the Facebook news and start spreading fake rumors all the time!

Can't stand the people.
Kthxbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment