Wednesday, June 26, 2013

The unforgettable Skydiving Experience - Lisbon, Portugal

Heya peeps! Its another travel post again! :) 

 This is the steamboat we do at home!!! ^_^




 And the amazing English breakfast kelvin brought me to - Sugar Junction 

 Look at ze Marshmellowsssssss. This is hot chocolate
 and his ginger tea :s

 Cake platter!!!! The cakes here are too sweet tho. :x
 Some eggs with salmon, they have very fancy names but I forgot what. haha
 mine with bacon and potato scones? real nice except the bacon really salllteyyy


 Andddddd its a trip to glasgow to meet up with my lala jie! hahaha Just kidding. She's not the lala one. I am the lala one. buahahah . 
 Taddaaaa!
And off we fly to Lisbon, Portugal! 
The roads here in Europe are very susah, but here in Lisbon, lagi susah! 
the roads here are all hill and all buildings built in this way because of the big earthquake happened last time that killed almost the whole Lisbon.
Thats why the buildings and the road now are meant to be earthquake-proof.

 Really steep hills.

 And as usual some historical buildings and stuffs
 This is the view you get to see from the elevator on one of the hill. This elevator is a tourist spot and you have to pay to go up. Unless you go through another road and you can go in for free. Not to the highest spot, but its good enough. most important thing. IT IS FREE. hahah 


 And like finally after visiting a few Europe countries I get to go on this hop on hop off bus! 
A lot of tourist places have these hop on hop off buses where you buy a ticket, hop on and they will bring you to famous tourist places and will also explain the history and the local specialties. You can hop off at any tourist places they stop to visit and take pictures, and you can hop back on the buses at their bus stops to continue the trip!
This time we get to join this bus is because someone left the tickets which is still valid on that day cuz they left early and thought they could give it to someone else.
And lucky us, we got them and used them while they are valid! 

 Tadaa of course we sat at the upper deck to look at the view and experience the freakin cold wind.
At last we went downstairs cuz it was too cold and it started to rain.


 Turned out we were too tired we only hopped on and never hopped off. We fell asleep in the bus and just sat in the bus enjoying the view of the whole journey and went back to the start point. hahaha 



 We had some local food in Lisbon as well. Because they're near the sea so they are also very famous for seafood like in Spain.
This is the grilled squid. very... erm.. 腥
 And this is their cod fish, called the bacalhau. 
 hahaha . a very annoying toy I saw. 
 Enjoying the sea breeze.

 The thing I adore most in Western countries are these things. I dont know what you call it. But its like these built up train tracks connecting to like the mountains places. hahaha . aiya its the one in the picture. Feels so. Westerny Old. haha 



 And then it is time. for the most . most  most . adventurous thing I've ever done in my life. to happen
 It was located in a very isolated place tho . :X 

 WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! This is not it . I'm just waiting for our turn ! 


 All suit up! 

 When we were going up!!!! Wuhooo Excited!!! 
The fall we chose was the highest fall - 15000 ft above the ground.
 Me and my coach! 
He couldn't pronounce my name right. AT ALL.
Doesn't matter anyways cuz he's such a nice guy. 
Didn't take my tip even though I gave him. 

 And we're going 
 DOWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

 Free falling was really uncomfortable. At first it was this heart-stop feeling when you fall from 15000ft above the ground with nothing to hold you. 
Then when you get yourself together, its the pressure and wind pushing your face making your mouth wide open and your nostrils hard to breathe, at the same time blocking your ears.
This feeling lasted like 30 seconds, with the hard task of doing funny faces and posing for the external camera man in front of you. 
If you don't do anything and just look down, the camera man won't get any nice footage of you.
And the external camera man is how I got my pictures if you're wondering.

 There are only a few rules to remember and a few steps to follow. Very easy job, with very large need of guts to do.
 The string behind us is the parachute. 
 The highest fall plus video and camera footage only costs about €290
Although it is not cheap, but it is worth it for a once in a lifetime experience.

 After the coach opens the parachute, everything will slow down and you can start to breathe.
The coach started to ask me whether I'm ok. and He told me swallowing helps once I said my ears are blocked. So you can basically do anything like a normal person when the parachute opens. 
Everything slows down and you can start enjoying the view above the clouds.
We opened our parachute above the clouds, so we got the chance to go through the clouds.
The feeling was awesome touching the clouds and going through it.
Really a dream come true.
Forgot to taste the clouds tho :x 


 Depending on your luck, your coach might let you play around with the parachute. 
My sister's coach allowed her to control which direction they were going to for a while. 
And had a bit fun by doing something extreme, made them go through circles and circles in the air.
Sister puked when she touched down. haha 


 Although the short incident was quite uncomfortable, but it is really a crazey and awesome experience.
I won't go for the second time. hahaha







 And I survived!!! 
It was a cool experience. 
I hope to you all out there can give it a try if you have a chance.
Really a worth it experience!!

 Prepared breakfast in the hostel. The hostel was really nice. everything felt like home! except for the toilet but it wasn't bad. 
 I would recommend using the app TripAdvisor rather than Airbnb
My sister used TripAdvisor everywhere she went, never had any problem with the hostels and people.
I used Airbnb once, my shitty Paris trip was ruined by an old lady.
But, my friend visited Paris few days ago and the same thing happened to him.
The lady that rented her room out did not allow us to bathe after midnight which is ridiculous just because her room is next to the toilet and kitchen, she do not allow any movements at night. 
I mean come on, if you wanna rent your room out, and you cannot tahan noise, you stay further la! she gave us the further room and she stayed in the room near the toilet and kitchen.
And complain that we don't respect her.
We come here to travel not to be discipline.  And by discipline I don't mean we have any party or make noise. All we did was just bathe and had something warm to drink. We need to make use of our time and visit as much places as we can ma. Why should I come and travel and be home by 12?
Total bullshit. We cannot even come home and bathe.
Serious bullshit la.
She came out very vigor without any sign of being awaken in the middle of the night one you know. 
I think she's blaming her insomnia on us . 
And she's blaming us back by writing a long review back on me when I wrote a very polite review on her.
I just said : Be careful, because nothing is written in the house rules, but she came screaming at us when we bathe late night.
It is true that nothing is written in the house rules. I mean, if you have stated in the house rules no bathing after 12 we would definitely refuse to choose your place la ! 
Why I need to pay for your goodnight sleep ? 
haihya, make me so angry . I didn't wanna post this thing in my previous Paris post cuz I actually wanted to forget about this. But this trip made me remember about that thing again.
So you can take this as a warning.
My friend met the same problem too, no bathing after midnight. It made them so troublesome they had to skip baths. 
Such bullshit. No offense la but based on my experience, I think French people are a bit. crazy. 
Well, what I can say is, If you wanna go to Paris, and have a good time.
Please spend more to stay in a better hotel and have luxurious travel transportation and food.
If not Paris would only be just another dirty and smelly Europe country. It would not be that romantic spot as portrayed on TV.



 pfft, stop the nonsense about Paris la. Let's continue the Portugal trip. ahah
 We followed this one day tour to Sintra, a town near Lisbon.
And went up to the hills to visit the gardens and the castle.
Now I know that castles are meant to protect the palace.
Castles are not places for the royal people to live, the palace is.
You learn a new thing again! 

 There's a giant in this picture. See a shadow in the mist? 
 It was too cloudy that day we could not get any good pictures of the castle.

 Told ya.



 Local lunch again! 



 These views make me wanna go to the beach and play!!!



 Had ice cream too ! 


 We continued exploring Lisbon on the last day. Got to sit on their traditional old tram.
Which is really old and, because their road is so small, the tram has to stop for cars to pass through. and you will get stuck in the jam if they are like a lot of cars. haha . Imagine this kind of tram.


 and bringing me to a trip, Of course I'll choose kiddy stuff! 
Lets go to Oceanarium!! 





 turtles turtles 


 Shark! 




 This is a weird fish . haha 
 Otter


 It was the some traditional celebration in Lisbon the next day, so everyone parties on the eve, like any other holiday! 
 Its like a real big thing in Lisbon, they even have parades! We did not join the parade, but we joined the party in the hostel.
 Barbecue
 hahaha. I was curious and keep wanting to eat their sardin fish.
Total regret. haha I am a person who hates fish. except cod.
hahaha 
They eat everything with bread here. which is so weird. and dry. it doesn't match at all. 
for me la. hahaha you can try yourself and tell me what you think about it .





Just to end with a rare bunny appearing in my flat! haha
Till the next time, my family is coming to the UK!!!!!! And I'll be finally back in Malaysia!!!!
This is the last post ? I suppose, to be written in the UK
The next post will be written back in my lovely home!!!!!
Ciaos!!!! See you in Malaysia!

1 comment:

  1. LOL~~ it was a nice trip you had in Portugal.
    You so brave to play the skydive~~if me I won't dare to go for a try also. haha >.<

    ReplyDelete