Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Sudden First Time

It was a peaceful morning, and i was going to college as usual .
When i logged in my facebook, a sudden status caught my eye________
'Eliz Soh will always be in our memories .' it says.

I panicked . I went searching and browsing through people's facebook profiles and all i saw was people writing R.I.P and turning their profile pictures into nothing but black.
I knew something went wrong. This isn't some joke, this isn't some spam, something happened.
and yes.. something really happened.
A friend of mine, Soh Yee Ling, she passed away.

With nothing in my mind.. i stunned.
What happened? what actually caused the death of an angel like her ?

She is a very tall fair girl, is only 16 this year . Studying form 4.
She is very sweet and always brings a smile to a person no matter what kind of situation they're in.
what happened?
This question kept popping up in my heart, in my mind.
I messaged friends in facebook to find out .
Though through the day , i kinda forgot about it .
But there's this weird feeling bothering my mood.
I wasn't in a good mood.. i wasn't in a mood to joke, to laugh nor to talk .


Till night, i was still going round in circles, asking myself this question.
What happened?
and some friend posted that there is going to be a funeral going on . the next day.
i texted my friend, asked about the details, and made up my mind to pay her a last visit . to pay her last respect.

She passed away due to Bacterial Infection in her lungs.She was admitted into the hospital on tuesday, and she passed away thursday night 24/2/2011.

And there I was, asking my way to the funeral parlour of Kwong Tong Cemetery, Jalan Dewan Bahasa.
I reached a weird place, a place i've never been to before...
and i was looking for a room, room P
from far i saw a big sign with 'P' and i saw a lot of people wandering standing outside of room P

as I was walking towards room P, plenty of familiar faces turned their heads and faces towards me . All sungai long secondary school people was there. 2 buses came from the secondary school.
This proves what a wonderful girl yeeling was. Even teachers came to pay her respect . Chinese,Indian & Malays too!

So i was browsing through those faces and i saw yeeling's sister and brother .
I went and put a pat on her sister's hand , trying to comfort her .
Yet, she asked me , a question i didn't know how to answer - Do you wanna see her ?
I stopped. this is the first time i attend someone's funeral . I didn't know what i could do .
She popped out another question. Do you dare to see her ?
I swallowed a gulp of saliva. I asked, can i ? but you guys are scripturing...?
She held my hand, and said it was ok .
She lead my to the coffin, to where she was laying . peacefully.

She said, mei, here's someone to see you...
I moved a stepp forward, and i looked into the coffin.
and there she was.. lying in the coffin. . with her face already twisted, pale , and with terrible make up.
My heart squashed. I was heartbroken. I could not spit out a word.
and her sister said she's like that because she's already Edema.
My heart was filled with so much pain.. i had to say something to her .
一路好走。。everything's gonna be fine...
Though we are all heart broken, though we are all very sad..
but we have to tell her everything's gonna be fine .. and let her go... go to a better place.
My tears were uncontrollable.. After a while, i left her to rest and went outside.
I was crying.. How could someone so wonderful leave us so early?
This is the first time i attend a funeral..and also the first time i see these things and i even get to talk to the body .

After a few ceremonies, it was time to get her on the car. the car that sends her body and the coffin to be cremated.
Yes CREMATION
she will be undergoing Cremation.
All of us were required to face another side, to not see the coffin being lifted up.
And we shifted to another place,Xiao En
to do the cremation.
Once we arrived, the coffin is already on top of a rock kinda table.
Everyone went in, like a chamber.
and yeeling's mum started to went out of control.
She was yelling and crying:我的宝贝!! 我的心肝宝贝阿!!(My baby!! My Precious baby!!)
everyone's heart crushed when she did that.
Everyone cried looking at this tragic scene.
then the coffin was brought to underground. to be cremated.
we had the chance to go to basement and watch the cremation.


Once i entered the room.
Voices of yelling , screaming and crying all came rushing into my ears.
I could hear the sound of fire burning .
In high temperature , the coffin was burnt.
The scene was really heart tearing, everyone couldn't bear to watch it.
Everyone burst into tears. Everyone was terrified.
I was terrified. and all i can think of in my mind, was stay strong, and go to a better place


Yeeling, A very cute friend, a very bright person.
A very hardworking person.
She practices all her dancing steps you know.
She was the person that appears in my life every week
And now, I would not get any chance to see her face anymore


at the funeral, at one moment, I was hoping that i could see her soul or something.
if only i could see her for the very last time.. smiling.. :)

Yeeling, we are not sad, we are happy that you went to a better place. Continue your journey and have a great time!!
:) We all know that you've turned into a real angel ~!
I love you babe, in fact. I'm starting to miss you already ~!! :D
You'll be very much remembered.


You were a very good girl . we all love you .
Keep the dancing spirit with you ! May we meet again next life! ;)


the girl in white ;)
glad to have had a picture with her .:)

Soh Yee Ling.
A girl we once met, knew, and loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment