Sunday, November 4, 2012

First Trip in the UK

Alright if everyone noticed my facebook, you'll know that I have my iphone 5 now! haha . which means I can take pictures and upload it online all the time! ( I was going to write everytime and everywhere but it doesn't seem so because there were places that I couldn't connect to the Internet which caused me inefficient times!)
haha . Anyway, since I got my iphone, I'll be posting up a lot more photos than before just to show you how I'm doing here. And also revealing Manchester day by day :) 
So, stay tuned! 

Here's a few pictures of Manchester to start the post . :D Enjoy! Its just some small parts. :P I haven't been travelling alot in Manchester okayyyy



These are just some photos near city centre :)

and this is their 传说中的Chinatown
It is said to be the second largest chinatown in the UK
But! Sadly, it was literally like a DEAD TOWN
I thought it would be so merry and happy , turned out it was just quite and with not a lot of shops open.
People here are just lazy I think, they close their shops at 5 ! and all there is to do at night is drinking!
Thats why I have been missing Malaysia so much :(
There's so much to do there back in Malaysia!!!!!!
And its freakin cold here.



this is not chinatown, its just some shiny building that I happened to pass by that day . hahah

This is the view of my window! Great and awesome right! I can see the skatepark right outta my window.
They skate there everynight!
I mean they used to, I think they're getting lazy cuz I don't see them that often nowadays. hahah


yep, the red buildings are where I am staying! there's another photo later of the front view. haha

It is now the season of fall here, which means its autumn. Leaves will fall as pictured above, and people will be blowing leaves all over the street. ahha . really dirty cuz its wet.
This is a view across my flat building. I was on my way to school . teeehee
This is my school, the red one's the library, and the blue one is my business school building.

Universities here in the UK are not fenced and all scattered around the city.
you might walk a few blocks down the road and see another site of the campus. So basically I do not know how large or how small my Uni is. thank you very much.
Zoom in look.
and this is the inside !
and lagi inside, hahah this is me and my friends in class.
My other friends that were playing hardworking.
Can you understand the awesomeness I see everyday ?
(I used to see)*
They have classes, they have recordings(the ones you see on youtube)
its just awesomezzz


And I always tell my baby how great it is . hahah .
ok its not that great. I WANNA GO HOME !!!!! :(
This is one of my lecturer from Scotland, her accent is so strong we always don't understand what she's saying. But a very cute person.
Random stuff in Manchester! spot the pair of shoes. @.@
How did they do that .
Random stuffs again! Tali Tubbies on the street ! hahah
Got a photo with him! :P

yes and this is the front view of my accommodation I was talking about just now. :) its gonna change its name to Liberty Point they said.
Look what I've got ! piggy bank that counts how much I have saved ! :D
Camwhore all the way with the new phone!!!!
went to Beatrice's place to play dress up.
and Voala!

this photo I macam thin liao a bit lehhh.. got or not ? hahahah so happie

Dang dang ! this is beatrice!
and correct! we dressed up as maids! haha for halloween ! :) Everyone's playing scary back in Malaysia. I'm playing Sexay! haha
we play serious, whole set costume!

camwhore shots as usual

and polaroids !
Her Samsung phone has timer that can take photos without holding it! iphone tak ada. :(


It was too much she had to put all in one picture . hahaha





AS I was saying. hahah I went to my first trip in UK
Guess where? Scotland. Guess why?
Cuz my sister is there! ahah. It was a visit to my sister's!
took a bus of 4 hours journey


If you look really carefully at this picture, you'll see small white dots, and those dots are sheeps!
Sheeps everywhere on the way to Scotland!!!! Literally everywhere!
And I am here in Scotland! hahah . met up with the sister!
She brought me to have something famous there in Scotland, This is called haggis.
Its sheep's stomach grinded all together.
hahah. It was quite nice until she told me that.
I held it in and finish it all . :(
It was really nice. just. disgusting.
My main course, too salty. hahhaa  I only finish the mashed potatoes.

She brought me to the cathedral. This sister of mine, first thing I reach scotland, bring me to see cemetery.
hahah. Don't know what to feel. Took pictures somemore.
Try imagine being in the other culture, - Chinese.
We'll be scared to death.
hahaa , so here it is! the pictures of tombstones in the cemetery.

This was supposed to be the tombstone of a really famous person which we do not recognize in any form. hahahah
nice view from the cemetery tho.
The next day, we went to Edinburgh. ( alright, they don't actually pronounce it as eh-din-ber, but they locals pronounce it as eh-din-brah)
So, you learn a new thing reading my blog! haha .
We took the 6am bus and went to Edinburgh, just to go to the Heart of Scotland's tour at 8am.
So practically I did not spend a lot of time in Edinburgh. It was very cold in Edinburgh , I was really shaking and shivering the whole time.
then we went to the tour, first stop was Rosslyn Chapel that appeared in Da Vinci Code apparently.
Which is mainly the reason why it is so famous now.
haha  . I havent watched Da Vinci Code so I don't know anything about it.
I have to say this, the tour guide, Simon was quite cute tho. and really nice. haha

these I took in Edinburgh










Fooling around waiting for the tour bus.
Alright so I was saying, we went to Rosslyn Chapel.
and the tour guide said there was some Rosslyn Castle somewhere near and we walked 20 minutes there, just to see a broken castle. really broken, cuz all there's left is a few walls. haha . and I think there's someone living there inside the broken walls, I mean they built a house inside there. Suppose they are inheritance of the 'royal family'? if not how to simply get permit to stay in historical broken castle. hahah


See what I mean? Its just these.

2nd stop, we stopped at a place called Melrose. It was a little town. really little. like a triangular town. and nothing else. It had another famous abbey (pronounce eh-bi) which is a church, but different word. See? you learnt another thing again! hahah
That had some history about a warrior sort of guy's heart buried in here. but the body and the heart were not buried in the same place. The tour guide was talking about stories on the way from here to there while driving, but we were too tired to listen to it. haha . So we only caught bits of the stories.
Apparently this is the abbey. no . sorry . this is Rosslyn Chapel. haha photos got mixed up.
the photo I took while walking to the broken castle at rosslyn's place. I name it - the road not taken.
hahah . Masterpiece right?
alright Apparently THIS is the abbey that the guy's heart was buried in.

3rd stop, we went to the borderline of Scotland and Great Britain.
Apparently they are not good friends and Scotland is no longer under England. haha
We were shown the so called Hadrjan's wall - a wall that separates Scotland from England.
When i say a wall, don't get your hopes up high like I did.
IT IS NOT THE GREAT WALL OF CHINA WALL.
It is the wall that stops your dog from jumping to your neighbours. hahaha .
Serious. and the tour guide said people that didn't have stones went stealing stones from the wall cuz the wall is made from stones. hahha
kesian nya
But it was so not visible and we didn't know how to differentiate it from the rest of the walls that was fencing for the sheeps and cows, so we didn't really had interest in the wall anymore.
We went to the fort instead.
It was for the army i believe? haha . go google it la if you wanna know more. XD

so it was all stones on the floor. just like the base of construction, so I didn't understand a lot.
Was it unfinished or was it destroyed? I can't answer you . haha
一粒一粒羊咩咩 :D
And that was all for the day because most of the time we spent in the bus sleeping. hahah
And the sky turned  dark at like 4+ pm?
So there was nothing to do after the dark here in the UK.
So we went back home. hahah

The next day my sister brought me to a historical place also. There's normally just these things to see if you're in the UK. haha
We took the train.

Looks really nice like the olden days train station right
Manchester's are more modern and smaller.

Our look on the day !

And yes, we went to this place.
and we saw
HIGHLAND CATTLE !



Ok la you cannot really see their faces because they very guai lan, keeping their faces off our camera.
but, they are cattles that has the jay chow's hair style, which only lives at highlands. means high places la like mountain.
Go google highland cattle and you'll know what I mean.

The park was really nice, like bukit jalil park but nicer with the river and wild animals like horses and dogs and cattles.
plus the cool weather. It was really a nice walk.
and this is the pollok house.
Its basically a rich people's house last time and became a show house lo .
REALLY RICH
I'll get lost if I stay there. @.@


and this is part of their garden. PART OF .
this is behind their house. I think its not under their property? I don't know maybe it is because the whole park is like called Pollok country park. Ok now they're really super rich.

can't miss camwhore under such nice weather !

Back view of their house. hahah

Random things in Glasgow, Scotland. Glasgow is the place my sister is staying at :)
My sister says, even when the cone has fallen off, the next day it would be up on his head still. Sometimes the horse also has one cone . hahah so cute!
We bought a postcard and wanted to send to our parents, but then we thought, why not send it to our grandparents cuz our parents still can skype with us but not them ! so yea! we wrote to them !


ok this picture mysteriously can't be rotated so just exercise a bit a tilt your head to the right to read. If you know mandarin. hahahha

And it was time so say goodbye.
I left glasgow and headed back to Manchester.
Gonna miss my sister ! had a great time there :)
on the way back
Cropped my shin chan photos for my wallpaper ! hahha
tadaaa!!!! :D
is this nice ? I'm wondering whether to get this. its £20 which is RM 100
To buy or not to buy ?
caught them selling family guy socks in poundworld . hahaha
Random freezing guy on the street!

Its really nice to have a walk in the city during the weekends .
Theres a lot happening there :)
But its not nice when I go out empty handed and come back with my hands full of bags.

haha .
Till the next time , XOXO
Toodluu! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment